Last revised: 18/03/2023
This policy describes:
- What personally identifiable information we collect from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- What choices we offer, including how to request access to, update or delete your personal information.
- Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, or place an order.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We will collect the personal information that you provide us. For example, we will ask you to provide personal information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and credit or debit card information as part of normal business transactions. Users may provide AquaSave information in the following scenarios:
- Registration – In order to use certain parts of the Site, you must first register. The registration form requires Users to give certain information (such as name and email address). At your option, you also may provide demographic information (such as your gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
- Orders – To purchase products or items from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number and expiration date).
- Surveys & other communications – From time-to-time our Site may request information. Participation in these is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information may be used to market to you about third party products and services. Your information also may be provided to third parties. Information may also be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Site, as well as for public posting and product reviews by other users.
- Information we get from your use of our website or services
When you browse or use our Site, we and our third party service providers collect information about the services you use, other websites you’ve visited and personal preferences. We also may collect your personal location while using our Site. This information includes: device-specific information (such as your operating system, mobile phone network, mobile device ID, and other device-specific unique device identifiers such as your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address), user information, specific geographical location and browsing and interaction habits. Our Site may use “cookies” or similar technologies to enhance User experience. A cookie is a small file placed on your device or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site. We use these technologies to collect and store information about you when you interact with services or products that we offer.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION
AquaSave collects information to provide our services to you in the performance of a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in better understanding our customer’s interactions and to create better products and services. We also share personal information we collect from the site to third parties that assist us in supporting us in providing our services, in understanding how you use our Site, and to provide advertising to us and on our behalf. These third parties are obligated to protect the information they process on our behalf in accordance with our policies and applicable law, and include: FullStory, Intercom, as well as the Google Analytics Advertising Feature. Specifically, AquaSave collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs. We and our service providers, such as Intercom, assist us in processing your request including through our chat box feature, which we offer for your use and convenience.
- To improve our Site – We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. For example, we and our service providers, including FullStory, to provide faster and better support to your customers and aid our engineering team in solving bugs and improving the user experience.
- To process transactions – We will use the information you provide to process your order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails – Your email address will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It also may be used to respond to your inquiries. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
- Protect our rights or comply with legal process – We may disclose your personal information to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and AquaSave; to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request; or to protect AquaSave’s rights or property or the safety of AquaSave, our customers, employees, or others.
- Sale or merger – We also may disclose your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of AquaSave’s assets.
- We retain the information we collect for as long as we needed for the above mentioned legitimate business purposes.
YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES AND DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESSING, UPDATING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Also, European Union law permits Users to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt data collection, storage and processing technical and organizational measures to secure and protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
While we use security measures to protect sensitive and personal information transmitted online, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and our Terms and Conditions prohibit children under 13 from using our Site. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13.
EUROPEAN UNION LEGISLATION WEBSITE
AquaSave operates in Spain, under Spanish law. Any information you choose to send to this Site or AquaSave will be transferred to AquaSave in Spain, and its service providers, subject to the laws of Spain. Some jurisdictions, such as the U.S., do not consider the legal system to offer protections that are “adequate” in their judgment. If you do not wish your information to subject to European Union law, please do not send it to AquaSave.
This electronic contract is concluded in compliance with the Spanish regulations contained in Law 34/2002 on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSICE) and Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of 16 November, which approves the revised text of the General Law for the Defence of Consumers and Users (TRLDCU).
AquaSave and the User freely agree that the applicable law governing and interpreting this contract shall be Spanish law. If for any reason the User is not satisfied with the product, he/she may contact AquaSave to file a complaint, in order to resolve the dispute amicably, without the need to go to a third party. If the User considers that their complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, they may go to court or to an alternative dispute resolution body. In the case of consumer matters, the user may resort, among others, to the European platform for dispute resolution, accessible via the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=ES.
AquaSave does not intend to offer its product or Services in any jurisdiction where the offering of such products or Services would be contrary to applicable local law, and any such offer of products or Services is void if illegal under applicable law.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via this Link: https://aquasave.io/contact/
Via snail mail: C/ Flamencos 17, 4º planta (37700) Béjar-Salamanca //
We welcome your questions, comments, and feedback, and will take steps to respond to you as soon as reasonably possible. If you have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use , or disclosure concern that we have not satisfactorily addressed, you also have the right to contact and lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
Last Revised: 18/03/2023